Book your next group meeting at Shutters on the Beach or Casa Del Mar and enjoy a successful program with a beautiful beach backdrop…but be sure to schedule some free time so your group can take advantage of the unique activities that Santa Monica and the surrounding area have to offer!
1. Afternoon Wine Excursion – Malibu wine country has more than 50 vineyards and is just 20 miles away. Sip award-winning California wine at the vineyards and enjoy spectacular sightseeing tours throughout the Malibu hills. Malibu Wines and Rosenthal are great starting points.
2. Getty Villa – Explore the arts and cultures of ancient Greece and Rome at this educational center and museum. The Getty Villa offers breathtaking art, architecture and gardens, along with organized group tours.
3. Shopping - Santa Monica offers world-class shopping for everyone in your group! The new Santa Monica Place outdoor mall is a shopping and dining destination, featuring high-end retailers and a variety of restaurants. Take a stroll along the 3rd Street Promenade, featuring hundreds of retailers and outdoor entertainment, or visit Main Street, a destination for interesting boutiques and cafes. Montana Avenue is a haven for high-end boutiques or venture down to Abbott Kinney in Venice for independent shops, cafes, restaurants and bars.
4. Farmers’ Market – Santa Monica is the birthplace of fresh, California cuisine and its farmers’ markets are the best in the nation. Groups can spot local and celebrity chefs shopping for fresh, organic ingredients and join them for guided tours and demonstrations.
5. Outdoor Activities – Enjoy yoga on the beach, surfing lessons or rent bicycles or Segways and cruise along the beach boardwalk, past the historic Santa Monica Pier and down to Venice. Arrangements can be made for groups of various sizes.