Summer is finally here and there’s no better place to celebrate the sun than in Santa Monica at Shutters on the Beach! From bike rides, to jazz to a celebrated summer rosé special, Shutters has it all!
The Top 6 Reasons You Need to be at Shutters on the Beach This Summer:
1. Pop Up Beach Bar – There’s a new pop up in town and it goes by the name of ‘PUBB’, this summer’s Pop Up Beach Bar! PUBB is open Saturdays and Sundays from 11am – 6pm in front of Shutters on the Beach. Take a break from the surf, and enjoy a beachside Casamigos Margarita before your meal at Coast Beach Café or sip a Peach Bellini while you wait for that perfect Lobster Club you ordered from Coast to-go.
2. Twilight Rosé – Coinciding with Santa Monica’s Twilight Concerts is our Twilight Rosé Series. Enjoy a selection of fine rosé wines for $10 a glass or a flight for $35. Complimentary valet parking included with each flight purchased.
3. Ride & Relax – Ride your bicycle to Coast Beach Café this summer for breakfast and receive a free bike tune-up! Our Beach Activities Center team is prepared to check your bike brakes, tire pressure, and grease the chain. By the time you finish enjoying your Lemon Ricotta Pancakes or Breakfast Skillet on the Coast beachside patio our Ride and Relax technicians will have your cycle in shape to hit the Santa Monica bike paths. This eco-friendly traveler incentive is available 7 days a week, 8:30am-11am.
4. The Supa Lowery Brothers – Straight out of Philadelphia, Trumpeter Christopher Lowery and his brother drummer Wesley Lowery, make up the heart of the Supa Lowery Bros. Their music mirrors the spirit and influence of their hometown with original compositions that range in styles from Jazz to Hip Hop to R&B. Don’t miss the Supa Lowery Bros as they play in the Living Room every Thursday from 6PM to 10PM and Friday & Saturday from 6PM to 11PM. Also, don’t miss jazz pianist Stuart Elster Sunday through Tuesday and Boite Night with DJ Harmony every Wednesday in the Living Room.
5. James Perse – This year we’ve teamed up with local designer James Perse to design our limited-edition tote. The canvas tote is stone washed for softness and wax-treated to prevent stains; sand, sunscreen, no problem! We are also featuring an assortment of T-shirts with ‘California’ script and palm tree designs, rash guards, sweatshirts and children’s apparel. Visit the Cottage Gift Shop or our online store to bring a piece of Shutters home with you!
6. Summer Beach Reads – This summer we’ve partnered with Barnes & Noble to promote beachside reading! Pre-order a book, adult or children’s, from our Top 20 list and we’ll order it for you (and you thought Kindle was convenient). An added bonus- 20% of the proceeds will be donated to B&N Holiday Book Drive that benefits Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, The Literally Healing Program. Promotion begins soon.